Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Italian Zest Chicken

I haven't tried this yet, but you can count on it within a week. It looks so good. But I'm not sure why it is Italian Zest I'm failing to see where the zest comes into play. And by the way, this is out of a magazine called Taste of Home Cooking School. I went to this with some friends and got the magazine free. There are a few things in it that I am going to post.

Ingredients:
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp paprika
1 tsp water
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 tsp dried Italian seasoning

1 ZIPLOC Brand Zip 'n Steam bag

In a small bowl combine garlic, paprika and water
Let stand one minute to thicken
Spread the mixture over chicken and rub on all sides
Sprinkle with Italian seasoning
Put chicken in bag and seal
Cook in MICROWAVE (what? sweet!) on high for 4-5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear
Let stand for 1 minute before handling


Oh my heck, if that isn't he easiest chicken meal ever I don't know what is. You can invite people over and they would never know it was nuked! I love it!

Here is a twist to mashed potatoes. After the potatoes are boiled and drained, add a block of cream cheese with the normal amount of milk. Mash like normal. The cream cheese alone gives the potatoes a good taste without gravy, but for a little extra sprinkle in some Montreal Steak Seasoning.

No comments: