Friday, October 10, 2008

Fix It and Forget it Friday

For a little while now, Fridays will be devoted to one of my favorite ways to cook...the crock pot! I love that you can make dinner in the morning and not have to touch it all day. Then when it is time to eat, the meal is done! I'm starting with my favorite crock pot meals, Beef Stew

Ingredients:
2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 clove garlic or a couple shakes of garlic salt
1 bay leaf (I never use this because I don't have bay leaves laying around)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 onion, chopped (I also don't use this, my family doesn't like onions)
1 1/2 cups beef broth (You can buy it canned or use bullion)
3 potatoes, diced
4 carrots, sliced
1 stalk celery, chopped

Place meat in slow cooker
Pour flour, salt and pepper over meat. Toss to cover meat.
Stir in remaining ingredients
Cover and cook on low setting 10-12 hours or high setting 4-6 hours

Serve in a bread bowl. Surprisingly, WalMart has amazing bread bowls.

No comments: