Monday, September 29, 2008

Taco Tuesday

I have said before that I really don't like to make dinner. I don't like to decide what the eat. I created Taco Tuesday at our house after reading that Christina Aguilera has it at her house. It's not that I want to be her, I just thought she was onto something. So at least one day a week I know for sure what we are eating. I also like tacos because you can buy everything ready to go like shredded lettuce. So, for the next few weeks, Tuesdays will be dedicated to the different ways we enjoy Taco Tuesday. This first one is the traditional taco.

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
Taco Seasoning (1 packet or 1/4 cup bulk seasoning)
3/4 cup water
Taco shells soft or crunchy
1 Bag of shredded lettuce
1 Bag of grated Mexican cheese
1 Tomato

Brown the beef in a skillet
Drain fat
Add taco seasoning and 3/4 cup water
Mix well and heat through

I'm sure everyone knows how to put a taco together, if not email me and I'll walk you through it!

Sides we like with this: 1 can of refried beans, chips and salsa, and olives. It's the end of the season now, but watermelon and cantaloupe are a good addition to this meal.

No comments: