Thursday, September 18, 2008

Frech Dip Sandwiches

Ingredients you will need:

1 lb. of thinly sliced deli roast beef will make about 3 sandwiches
1 packet of Au Jus will give 3 people 1 cup of juice for dipping
Buy enough deli rolls for the amount of sandwiches you will need. Crusty rolls are better, they don't get super soggy
Sliced Swiss cheese, this is optional

Prepare the Au Jus according to the packet instructions
Add the roast beef to the Au Jus
It only needs a few minutes to heat up, remember the meat is already fully cooked, you are just warming it. Cooking it too long causes the meat to be tough.
My husband likes his roll toasted. I just put it in the oven and broil for a couple minutes. When it is almost finished being toasted, I add the cheese to melt it on. I like mine untoasted and plain.

Sides that go well with this: Baby carrots and ranch dip, cottage cheese with salad seasoning or even just a bag of chips.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just bought stuff for this because if cheese can make icky sloppy joes good, I'm sure it's going to be amazing on something I already like!

Unknown said...

I made these for my friends on sunday. it was great because it was so quick. i really love this blog, you're a genius.