Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday Sweets

Have you ever seen the blog cake wrecks? I think it is hilarious! So all week, she finds awful cakes, posts a picture and comments about it. On Sundays, she has something called Sunday Sweets. It's one day out of the week where the cakes are fabulous. You really ought to check it out. Anyways, I take Saturday and Sunday off for the whole meal preparation. So I don't post on here either. I was emailed a cookie recipe and thought if anyone else wants to send "sweets recipes" I'll post them on Saturdays. We'll call is Saturday Sweets. This will be mainly for all of you to share your recipes. I'll put on one occassionally, and if I don't get a new recipe, we'll just skip it.

So here's the first. My friend from high school sent this one. She calls the EST cookies. As in easiEST, yummiEST, and fastEST. She also had this to say about them:
"So I know you have mostly posted Meal time items but I consider these cookies Meal time helps because they take so little time to make and leave me with plenty of time to make dinner!!"
Thanks Girl!

Ingredients:
1 box of cake mix ANY flavor ANY brand
1/3 c. oil
2 eggs

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix all ingredients together until smooth. The mix will have a thick consistency.
Roll into one inch balls and place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
Take the bottom of a drinking glass dipped in flour and flatten the balls down.
Bake for 6-8 minutes.
Let cool on the cookie sheet for 1 minute before removing.
Frost after 5 minutes with any flavor frosting you want!
You can make ANY combination of cookie you want (Chocolate on Chocolate, Rainbow cake mix with Rainbow frosting, Spice cake mix with cream cheese frosting).
These are SO tasty and SO worth the LITTLE amount of time it takes!

Let me just add my two cents. If you make the Devils Food Cake buy the cream cheese frosting. Frost one cookie and top with another. It's a little homemade Oreo!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

My favorite variation is to use chocolate cake mix and take them out 2 or 3 minutes before they are finished cooking and put half a large marshmallow on each one, then finish baking. You can frost them or leave them with just the marshmallow. Soooooo good.