Friday, November 7, 2008

Fix it and Forget It Friday

Have you ever made a Cornish game hen? These were intimidating to me! I like the whole boneless skinless no work chicken breast. But then we tried the game hen on a BBQ and they were amazing. I'll have to post that next week. But I found this at www.cdkitchen.com. It sounds fast and good. I love stuff in the slow cooker. It is always so tender and flavorful.

Ingredients:
2-4 Cornish hens
2 cans (14 oz) chicken broth
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
salt

Season hens with lemon pepper, salt and sprinkle with minced garlic
Pour chicken broth in crock pot and carefully set hens into the broth
Crock all day on low more than 5 hours

Serve with rice. Minute rice of course!!! And some steamed veggies.

No comments: