Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Chili Dog

So after yesterdays "creative" Taco Tuesday, it got me thinking about hot dogs. I said yesterday that I really like high grade hot dogs. Let me just tell you all, they are so worth the extra cost. Once you buy them, you won't want any other again!

Ingredients:
As many hot dogs as you have people. If you do use high grade plan on one per person. Even big eaters usually won't eat two whole dogs. Maybe one and a half!
1-2 can chili. I really like Nalley
Enough buns for dogs. When I make these, I like to buy the big crusty deli rolls.
1 bag grated cheese

Cook your hot dog how you like it. BBQ, microwave, boil, broil whatever suits you.
Heat the chili through on medium heat on the stove
Cut rolls in half
Put dog in roll and top with chili and cheese

Oh, I can't wait to have these! I like that these are so easy and anything goes with it. Baked fries, or fry them up. Chips or salad. Or a salad from the deli!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

When I saw this recipe I couldn't get my mind off of it..SOOO we had this for dinner last night. Mmmmm so yummy on a cold, snowy day!!