Thursday, November 13, 2008

Corn Dog

I noticed that I use a lot of hotdogs on here. I guess I find them so versatile! Have you ever tried to make a homemade corn dog? I think they are awesome! I used a fryer and that made it so easy, but I bet you could try to fry them on the stovetop. I wonder what they would be like baked. If you try that, let me know, it would be a lot healthier. So here's how I did it.

Ingredients:
Hot Dogs (Again, I like High Grade)
Corn Bread Mix (I used the cheap Jiffy Mix stuff and it was great, but any would work)
Vegetable Oil

Heat the oil
Mix the corn bread how it says on the package
Coat hot dogs in the batter
Fry until golden brown

I used skewers, but they were actually more of a hassle than it was worth, tongs work a lot better. If you want smaller corn dogs cut the hot dog to the size you want. We had friends over for this, real gourmet meal right? But we also made homemade french fries and fry sauce to go with it. If you want to try something new to dip both in, add equal parts sour cream and mayo, not miracle whip. It's awesome!

No comments: