Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Honey Mustard Chicken

I've mentioned my love of Pinterest many times. I've found another recipe that was great. I modified it just a bit and my husband and I loved it. I had never purchased or cooked drumsticks before, it was so easy. I was surprised to see how inexpensive they are, about fifty cents each! Talk about budget friendly! The original recipe can be found here.

What you need:
2 Large Russet Potatoes - Peeled and cut into wedges
3 Medium Carrots - Peeled and sliced
2 T Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to Taste
2 T Crushed Garlic
6 Chicken Drumsticks
2 T Honey
2 T Plain Mustard
1 T Dijon Mustard

Place the carrots and potatoes in a roasting pan (I lined my pan with foil, if you do or don't spray a little nonstick cooking spray first)
Spread the garlic over the vegetables
Coat with olive oil
Sprinkle with salt and pepper
I cut the skin off three drumsticks it tasted great both ways
Place the chicken on top of it all
Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes

While the chicken is baking mix the mustards and honey together

After 30 minutes take the roasting pan out of the oven
Carefully remove the chicken and place it on a clean plate
Brush the honey mustard mixture on the chicken
Stir the veggies and place the chicken back on top
Continue baking for another 20-30 minutes

The drumsticks on the left are skinless the crispy ones of the right still have the skin on.


No comments: