Monday, February 16, 2009

Teriyaki Bowl

I just love having a husband who loves to cook. He is always on the look out for new stuff to try. He came across a new sauce. It is the KC Masterpiece brand Marinade, Honey Teriyaki with Sesame. It's a 30 minute marinade. I love it!

Here's what you need:
1 bottle of the Honey Teriyaki with Sesame Marinade
1 boneless skinless chicken breast per person
Minute rice
Broccoli (I used frozen this time)

While it is a 30 minute marinade, I actually let mine go for a couple days. Just marinate it at least 30 minutes-in the fridge. Obviously, the longer you go, the more flavor you'll get.
I put my chicken in a Ziploc with about a cup of marinade.

Even though it was snowing, I cooked them on the BBQ! It tastes so good!
Once it is cooked, bring it in and cut it into bite size pieces.

When you are making your rice, plan for 2 servings per adult and follow the directions on the box.

Since I used frozen broccoli, I put in a microwave safe bowl with water on the bottom and covered it. I put it in the microwave for a few minutes to steam heat it.
If your using fresh, steam it on the stove top.

Now I hate when you go to a restaurant and you ask for extra sauce and they bring it to you straight from the fridge cold. My meal is warm, I want warm sauce.
Pour some of the marinade in a bowl and heat it in the microwave, just so it's warm.

To assemble:
Put rice in a bowl and kind of toss with the warm sauce-just enough to coat the rice
Add chicken and toss that into the coated rice
Add broccoli on top
If you like more sauce add more.

One thing I would do different next time is add some more sesame seeds. I love those, but since I don't keep those in stock, we didn't have them!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Yum, now I'm craving this!

Unknown said...

I think me and janna might try this saturday, I'll let you know how it goes.

Unknown said...

I finally tried this and it was so good! I wish I would've got sesame seeds too, I totally forgot. It was really fast to make, which was fantastic.