Friday, February 13, 2009

Fix it and Forget it Friday

Wow, it's been a long time since I've done one of these! My friend Becki told me about this little charmer.

Ingredients:
2 Cornish game hens OR 1 whole chicken
1 bottle of Kraft Zesty Italian salad dressing

Put chicken/s in crock pot
Pour salad dressing over top
Cook on high 4-6 hours

This is the part I am totally unsure about. She adds minute rice right in the crock pot 10 or so minutes before she is ready to serve the chicken. She said the juices and dressing cook the rice. I'm more comfortable making it on the stove, extra pan and all. I like that the box tells me how much rice and how much water. If I tried to guess how much rice to put with the chicken, I'd have a mess. If you try this and add the rice in the crock pot, let me know how it went and how much rice you put in!

No comments: