Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Chicken Tortilla Soup

This recipe was submitted by LaDona. I love that name by the way. I just want to say it again and again. LaDona! Anyways, thanks for the recipe! I'm glad to see someone is still checking this blog after I was such a slacker!

Ingredients:
2 Chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
1/2 onion, chopped and sauteed
1 clove garlic, minced
3 cans chicken broth
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed out well
1 can petite tomatoes with green chilies
1/2 cup salsa

Combine ingredients in pot and bring to a boil. Simmer until served. Makes about 8 good sized servings.
She likes to serve this over tortilla chips & shredded Monterrey cheese. You can also top this with sour cream & black olives or what ever sounds good. This is also delicious as left overs. Enjoy!

I've never heard of petite tomatoes, can someone enlighten me?

2 comments:

LaDona said...

Oops. I should have mentioned that I use regular diced tomatoes. My kids don't like green chilies. Sorry. :)

Rass said...

Petite tomatoes are little tomatoes. Your welcome.