Monday, March 2, 2009

Roasted Chicken

I found a totally wonderful book at the library last week. It's called Frickin' Fabulous by Clinton Kelly. It has some tasty recipes in it. I'm only going to post one maybe two, so you should get the book to see the rest. It's not just recipes, there is other fabulous stuff too. But let's get on with the recipe.

Ingredients:
1 Roasting Chicken (4-5 pounds)
A bunch of fresh herbs (Sage, Thyme, Rosemary, or a combo of the all)
1 Lemon
Butter Softened (about 2 Tbs)
Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Rinse the chicken inside and out
Towel dry the chicken
Put the lemon inside the chicken
Put the herbs inside the chicken (I could only find fresh thyme and rosemary so that's what I put in the chicken)
Rub butter on the chicken
Sprinkle with salt and pepper (I had dried sage so I sprinkled it on also)
Roast for 20 minutes
Reduce heat to 350 and cook for an additional 15 minutes per pound (A 4 pound chicken will cook for an additional one hour, a five pound needs 1 hour fifteen minutes)
Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes

No comments: