Monday, March 30, 2009

Cornflake Chicken Drumsticks

In our town there is a contest call The Meltdown. My husband and I are in it. It's a weight loss thing and I really hate it now. But my hubbie is always on the lookout for healthy stuff to eat, I like greasy, fried fattening things! This sadly is not one of those. It seems to me like a healthy version of fried chicken.

Ingredients:
24 small chicken drumsticks (I am going to use boneless skinless breasts)
1 qt milk
4 eggs
1 pint flour (That's about 2 cups, who says a pint of flour?)
2 cups crushed cornflakes

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
Mix the milk and eggs in a bowl
In a separate bowl mix the flour and cornflakes
Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture then coat with the cornflakes
Place the chicken on a sheet pan and bake for 25 minutes until they are cooked though and golden brown.

This came out of the March 2009 issue of Men's Health

No comments: