Sunday, April 11, 2010

"Healthy" enchiladas

I made these this weekend. It used low fat versions of stuff. It was actually really really good. I quite enjoyed these enchiladas. I drew the line at the tortillas though, it called for "light" tortillas. I'll have none of that. I got the mission brand jalapeno tortillas and they added a little extra flavor. Also, rotisseri chickens were on sale so I bought one of those and so these were really easy to make.


2 cups shredded chicken
1 can Old El Paso green enchilada sauce
1 can 98% (or 99%) fat-free cream of chicken (I hate this stuff too, but it tastes good in this!)
1 c. low-fat cottage cheese (just trust me-- you won't even know it's there)
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. cumin1 tsp. chili
powdered pepper flakes to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 c. cheddar cheese (If you can find the 2% cheese use that)
10 "light" tortilla shells
Mix together all of the ingredients (except the tortilla shells) in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Put a little of the mix in each tortilla shell, roll up, and place in a 9x13 baking dish. Spread any leftover mixture over the top and sprinkle on a LITTLE bit of cheese.
Bake at 350-degrees for 20-25 minutes. Serve with olives, tomatoes, salsa, avocado, lettuce.. or anything else you like on your enchiladas!

No comments: