Monday, November 22, 2010

Caramel Apple Pie

I found this on the web somewhere, but I don't remember so I can't give them credit. Just know I did not make this up on my own.

Taffy
1/2 c Brown Sugar
1/4 c Melted Butter
1/3 c Flour
Combine and mix well. Set aside

Filling
5 C Apples (You can use a variety of apples. Be sure to use at least 2 Granny Smith. Gala and Golden Delicious are good choices.)
2/3 c Sugar
3 T Flour
2 t Cinnamon
1 t Lemon Juice
Peel and thinly slice the apples. Combine all ingredients. Be sure to coat all the apples.

20 Caramels-halved

Line your pie pan with half of a double pie crust. Layer the parts like this 1/2 Filling, 1/2 Caramels, 1/2 Taffy, 1/2 Filling, 1/2 Caramels, 1/2 Taffy. Put the other half of the pie crust on top. It is going to be really big. I mean spilling out of the pie pan big. Don't forget to vent the top pie crust. Bake on a cookie sheet because the filling sometimes spills out of the pie. You can sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on the top of the crust if you like. I do.

Bake at 425 for about 15 minutes and then turn the temp down to 350 until the pie crust is golden brown.

1 comment:

Erica said...

mmmm this sounds so yummy! I will definitely have to try it.