Thursday, December 18, 2008

Spaghetti Sauce

This is a recipe that was given to me by one of my favorite people in the world. He is my butcher and is soon retiring. I am so sad about that!

Ingredients:
3-4 pounds pork (Ribs or Pork Chops) If you use ribs, cut into 2-3 rib sections. I used chops that the butcher cut for me. He cut one chop into 4-6 pieces. He even cut the bone. I am using boneless chops next time.
Olive Oil
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
Tomato Sauce
Italian Seasoning

In a fry pan heat enough olive oil to coat bottom of pan, plus a little extra
I trimmed the fat off the meat
Brown the meat
Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder
Add tomato sauce. I used 4 small cans and 1 large. The small cans were flavored with basil and oregano I think. I also had to add about a cup of water.
Add Italian Seasoning
Simmer 4+ hours. I Let mine cook around 5.5 hours
Serve over cooked pasta

This is so easy! I served it over homemade gnocchi. I'll have that recipe tomorrow. It was also easy, but took a lot of time!

No comments: