Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Chicken Salad Sandwich

I found this recipe because it seems like a summery type meal. I know it is chick food, but I love it and it is supposed to be just like the chicken salad at Arby's.

Ingredients:
1 (13 ounce) canned chicken, drained (I am going to use cooked chicken breasts)
1/2 apple, sliced and chopped small
1/4 cup shredded carrot (I'll probably omit this)
1/4-1/2 cup sliced celery
1/2 cup red grapes, sliced in half
1 cup fat-free mayonnaise or ranch dressing
1/2 cup chopped and toasted pecan
2-4 leaves lettuce
1 sliced cucumber
2-6 slices bread, for sandwiches

Combine first seven ingredients in medium size bowl, stirring until moist.
Serve on bread or toast with sliced cucumber and lettuce. I am using croissants.
Spread additional dressing or mayonnaise on bread as desired.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mmmm that was delicious chicken salad. it really does taste like arby's.