Monday, February 23, 2009

Elk Roast in Foil

A while back I posted a recipe for Deep Dish Hunters Pie. I had a couple emails saying thanks for the recipe. I can't stand wild game. It smells funny. But to each their own. A few years ago after my husband shot an elk a friend recommended this. I will admit I never tried it. But I came across it online here today and thought I'd post it.

Ingredients:
Three to four lb. roast
1/2 pkg. of dry onion soup-My friend actually said use a whole packet

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Place roast on piece of heavy duty aluminum foil.
Sprinkle 1/2 pkg of dry onion soup over meat.
Bring edges of foil together and seal tightly.
Place in shallow roasting pan and bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
There will be ample juice collected inside foil which can be thickened for gravy.

I know you can make this in a crockpot too. I'd add a little water in the bottom with the roast.

No comments: